Monday 26 April 2010

The "Unbuildable" Fonderie Miniature Halifax


Handley Page Halifax
Originally uploaded by sisaphus

As I mentioned in an earlier post the Fonderie Miniatures 1/48 scale Handley Page Halifax Mk III has been described as "Unbuildable", here is a photograph that disproves that claim.

This Halifax was on the Quarter Scale Group's stand at the East Midlands Model Show, Hinckley, Leicestershire 25th April 2010. I am not 100% certain as to the identity of the builder (If it is your model please contact me and I will be happy to credit you).


Finished as "Friday the Thirteenth" this model shows what can be achieved with the F.M kit by a top class modeller and is and inspiration to other modellers. 

I have two of these kits currently under construction (see previous post) and will be charting my progress with them in this blog, I just hope that I can come close to the standards demonstrated  with this example. 


Certainly the F.M. kit requires a lot of work and is not for the the novice but anyone who has some modelling experience should be able to achieve and acceptable result with some time and patience.

Creative Commons License
This work by Roland Turner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

No comments:

Post a Comment